Tuesday 9 February 2016

Vitality

After applying, pestering my chosen mission organization, praying, saving work folders until Mar 2016, taking interviews, pestering my chosen mission organization, praying, pestering references, pestering my chosen mission organization, praying, quitting my job, undergoing a physical and an ultrasound, taking all the immunizations, applying for a speedy visa, praying, and receiving all test results, I have decided that I'm not sure about this whole 'mission' thing.

Yes, I prayed for it.  Yes, I received confirmation.

But.  I'm starting to think I really need a pension.  

Don't look at me like that. 

Pensions are vital!  

You know what else is vital?  Almost free dental and vision care.  Access to a gym I never use.  Courses to better my personal and professional development.  Good water pressure during showers.  Not dying of cholera. 

All vital. 

I'll also vaguely miss the people around me.  I guess.  I don't always have trouble leaving my minions, but when I do, I hate everything and want to die. 

My workplace vaguely respected my wish to slink away quietly (except for the entire tinfoiling of my desk and coworkers who came by to hug and scavenge my office supplies before the rush) - but I've talked way too much about going, been held close to way too many bosoms for my imagined sweetness and generosity, and said way too many goodbyes (please do not hug me unless you're sure this is the very last time you'll see me - otherwise you're putting me through two hugs and I'm not able to handle that level of intimacy at any point in our relationship).

The latest farewells were from the young adult group at my church who have promised to pray for me.  And also dance Single Ladies better than Beyonce.  And who are progressing with romantic relationships.  And education and careers.  And and hobbies and faith.  I will miss them.  We will be different people when I see them again.  So I have physically or mentally hugged the people I've grown to love now.  

This post is to remind me that love is vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the risk of sounding desperate - PLEASE WRITE TO ME!